Wisdom Track – Children and Parenting
- “Train up a child in the way he should go; when he grows, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6)
- Kids are great imitators so be mindful of your words and actions before them.
- Making children happy is not spoiling them. A happy, joyful home rears up individuals who are compassionate and confident.
- Talk less listen more! This age-old advice still remains true even for today’s parents. Communication is a two-way process, the simple rule is – “One talks while the other listens”.
- Your presents will never compensate for your presence. Time well spent with your children is worth a hundred presents bought for them.
- Success in your career will never compensate for failure in your home. The good news is that you can succeed in both!
- Never be ashamed to say sorry to your child; a good relationship is founded on mutual respect and understanding.
- “Obey your father and your mother” – The Bible. This is a commandment, not a proposal or advice.