16 Amazing Benefits Of Soursop Juice For Skin, Hair And Health
By Oge Agu
There is nothing sour about soursop! It is one of those treasures of nature that gives us a plethora of benefits.
Soursop is also known as Annona muricata or graviola. It is a heart shaped, large prickly green colored fruit, which is found in tropical regions. Soursop has soft and juicy flesh on the inside and ridges on the outside. It almost looks like custard apple and when raw it is dark green in colour. Once soursop ripens, it becomes light green and slightly soft externally, so it looks like cherimonyas and custard apple in terms of appearance and flavor. Its flesh contains shiny black small inedible seeds and is sweet acidic in taste. It’s used in ice creams, beverages and other sweet foods for its creamy texture. The skin of soursop is inedible, but the flesh is nutritious. It has recently gained popularity for its ability to treat cancer.
Studies have shown that it can kill cancer cells up to 10k times more effectively than chemotherapy drugs without causing side effects! In fact, this fruit has been a part of traditional medicine and has a history that dates back centuries! Apart from its anti-cancer properties, soursop is known for many other benefits for our skin, hair and health.
Skin Benefits Of Soursop:
The health of our skin is a the indicator of our overall health. Just like the rest of the body, our skin too needs nutrients. Soursop is an amazing source of skin nourishing nutrients that can make your skin glow with health! Here are some of the benefits of soursop for your skin:
- 1. Heals And Treats Skin Disorders: Soursop is used to treat numerous skin problems. They have effective healing qualities. If you apply fresh soursop leaves on your skin, then this facilitates quick healing.
- 2. Treats Edema: Soursop leaves are used in the treatment of inflammation and swollen feet.
- 3. Treats Eczema: Soursop leaf when mashed and applied on the skin as a poultice, can effectively treat eczema and many other skin problems.
- 4. Treats Leprosy: If you consume soursop juice while fasting, then it helps to treat leprosy.
- 5. Fights Signs Of Aging: Soursop contains a rich amount of ascorbic acid and Vitamin C, which increases the antioxidant content in our body and helps in reducing signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines and pigmentation. Hair Benefits Of Soursop: We all know that healthy and shiny hair requires an adequate supply of vital nutrients. Soursop can supply your body just the nutrients it needs.
- 6. Rids the Head of Lice: Applying soursop leaves on the scalp helps to get rid of head lice.
- 7. Prevents Hair Loss: Soursop contains good amount of Vitamin C, which helps in preventing hair loss.
- 8. Reduces Dandruff: Soursop leaves contain anti-parasite properties. If you apply mashed soursop on the scalp, you can help fight dandruff and its associated symptoms. Health Benefits Of Soursop: health_sign Soursop has a number of health benefits. Some of them are:
- 9. Eases Upset Stomach: It contains many minerals and vitamins. It’s used to treat a number health problems like upset stomachs.
- 10. Fights Cancer: Leaves of soursops are proven to kill around 12 types of cancer cells. They prevent breast, colon, lungs, prostate and pancreatic cancers.
- 11. Prevents Osteoporosis: Soursop contains phosphorus and calcium, which helps in maintaining strong bones and prevents osteoporosis.
- 12. Boosts Energy Levels: Soursop contains sugar, which act as natural carbohydrates and helps to increase the energy level and endurance.
- 13. Prevents Nervous Disorders: Soursop contains Vitamin B1, which increase metabolism and blood circulation and prevents nervous disorders.
- 14. Effective Cure for Hemorrhoids: Soursop can be used to treat infant diarrhea and is effective in curing hemorrhoids too.
- 15. Relieves Constipation: Soursop contains soluble and insoluble fibers. Consuming this fruit is an amazing way to find relief from constipation.
- 16. Treats Insomnia: Soursop treats insomnia as it contains a sleep inducing chemical known as tryptophan.
By Oge Agu There is nothing sour about soursop! It is one of those treasures of nature that gives us a plethora of benefits. Soursop is also known as Annona muricata or graviola. It is a heart shaped, large prickly green colored fruit, which is found in tropical regions. Soursop has...email@example.comAdministratorNowchild Blog